Friday, April 27, 2007

Excuse me what?

Now, I know this has all been said before, but I will continue to point it out and ask WTF until I get an acceptable explanation as to why people actually say this shit. To quote:

"This creates same-sex marriage. There is no right to marriage in either the New Hampshire Constitution or the federal Constitution."

"We don't let blind people drive or felons vote, all for good and obvious reasons," [Republican Senator Robert Letourneau] said.


Because everyone knows that letting blind people drive, thus putting a one ton machine of death into someone who lacks the capabilities to effectively control it, is the same as letting two people declare their undying love for each other and commit themselves to each other. Maybe it's me, and I don't read the news much these days (for reasons like this), but I've certainly never heard of gay couples mowing people down on the street with PDAs.

Why do people feel the need to say shit like this? Felons & Voting? Okay, maybe not quite as absurd a comparison, if you're coming from that direction, but blind people and cars? Completely different topic here people. And so I ask again, how does those two people, in a church in a town somewhere you're not, have any effect on your life, quality of life, or personal well being? Because that is what I continue to fail to understand, and is the question I will continue to ask as people continue to say this shit. And I know that I'm never going to get a satisfactory answer, but the question still needs to be asked, until THEY understand that that shit just ain't right.

No comments: